Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Wheels on the Bus...

        At 25 years old, to me, I had a humbling experience.  Yep, riding on public transportation!  And let me tell you, for someone who is now terrified to drive, it is not bad all.  Yes, of course, there is an "interesting" odor and a few scary people but for 2 bucks to go anywhere in the city?!  This girl will be using the bus much more!  From now on, I can say good-bye to those terrifying gas prices, paying for insurance and crazy drivers with road rage and/or lack of driving sense.
        Alright, so you want to get somewhere but where do you start?  Where do you go?  Start with the public transportation website such as, Go Lynx.  These days, website like the Go Lynx website has a great tool called "Trip Planner" and you have the option of e-mailing it to yourself to look at later or to your friends!  The trip planner tells you EXACTLY where you need to go, which bus to take, how far you need to walk and what time you need to be at the bus stop.


Here is the Bus Schedule!

My first Bus Stop!  
I will not lie, I was terrified!  Luckily, a really nice lady and her daughter came up and sat next to me and told me to not be afraid to ask questions.  SO, that's what I did!  

My first bus driver!
He wasn't very friendly BUT he got me to my second stop, so I can't complain, too much.

This is your bus ticket that the you receive when you put your $2 in the big machine next to the driver.  Your driver will ask you too, if you need a 'transfer' and that is when you need to take more than one bus to your destination.  This is VITAL because your now $2 trip could end up being triple that depending on how many different buses you need to take.

     Another note to jot down is, do not really trust everything you hear from other passengers.  Like me, you could end up going the complete opposite direction when you were SO close to where you are trying to get to!  When that happens, do not panic and trust me, when you realize that you are going away from where you want to go and you may not know where you are is definitely scary.  
      All in all, even though it took me TWO hours to get where I was going because I was told the wrong information, I did enjoy taking the bus.  It was pretty entertaining.  The highlight of the trip for me, was when a woman got on the bus, we drove through a stop light and then she requested a stop and got off the bus!  I honestly thought a riot was going to break out with the other passengers but seriously, who does that?!  Anywho, if you get the chance to take public transportation, I would recommend trying it out!  It is definitely an experience.





        

No comments:

Post a Comment